Thursday, April 24, 2008

End of April


Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, how time flies! can't believe that it has been a month since we were up visiting the kids in Yelm and we have been back and in our routines for about 3 weeks now. Since that time many changes have happened. Mack tested for a new job...and got it..working for the D.A. office as a D.A. Investigator. He is just thrilled with the new position and yet it was very hard for him to leave his job at the Sheriff's Office. 19 years is along time to have been working in the same place. But he is happy with getting to do something different and everything rolls over to our advantage so it all was in God's timing. Funny how things go sometimes.

Eric leaves today...they kept post ponning their departure for Iraq this time...and so today is the day and he will be traveling about a day and 1/2 to get there. Your prayers are needed during this time with him being gone probably for at least a year and could be 15 months this time. He was alittle stressed out each time I did talk to him and believe me it was very brief when we did touch bases...he is a busy guy with many responsibilties now and has many people under his watch. He is a angel of a son and I am so thankful to be his mom...how proud I am of him doing what he loves to do the most...! My mom and dad would have especially been very proud of him and his accomplishments. Will keep you posted on what is going on with him over there on this blog...

Teresa Jo is fine and getting ready to move in a couple of weeks from SLO to Arroyo Grande. Her girlfriend Erica has a room she can rent for 1/3 the price of what she is paying in SLO. THey will have a yard etc..for her baby doggie Skitts to run around in also...so it is a good move for her there. Next when she gets settled she will think about finding a job. She is a doll and growing up so fast too. I am so blessed to have had all 3 children and thankful that they are good at keeping us involved in their lives.

I will be going on a trip down south to Southern California soon with my girlfriend Wendy for a nice visit at Newport beach for a week or so. Will be nice to get away and relax. Can't believe that it will be here end of next week already.

So Mack will be holding down the fort with Molly and Copper and says he is gonna clean out the freezer and anything he doesn't like.....haha..but we will see.. He is trying to get ready for the big Family Reunion coming up July 11-13th here at our home with all of his siblings. I have been cleaning and cleaning and still keep seeing things I need to do. Wish I had some help to get it all done.

Am almost done with Teresa Jo's quilt. It has turned out beautifully...and am so very proud of it. I am putting 100 names around the edges in the hearts of all her favorite friends from High School and now in her life...and each time I sit down to do it I can't remember how to get the stupid machine to program...so I fight with it and finally it works...so it is slow going. Have to have it done before I leave on the trip south, as her birthday is right when we get back..and I wanted to present it to her for her 22 birthday. Wish me well...

till next entry...

Hugs & Prayers,

Bette Jo

No comments: