Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Good Morning World!...
    Hi everyone that I miss and love!   Just had my blood drawn at the hospital to complete the tests of my yearly check and had a good time catching up with several old faces that I knew through my old job at Raleys and TCF's, and my daughter Bonnie Jo--and also one of my nieghbors that was driving out of the parking lot as I was coming in...both of us enjoyed catching up.  Was a good thing to go get my blood drawn for the cholesteral check...which I do hate to get the results each time because it is usually borderline and she tells me it has to improve...THAT WAS 2 1/2 YEARS AGO...so hoping for better results in the right direction..  that is one of my reasons for walking on this 90 day challenge that we are on day 43 now.  LOL  funny how little things fill my life now...and I wonder how I ever really squeezed in working ever, ever, ever....but I do miss alot about the old routine of working...it had it plus's and minus's.....haha  but I know now that I had the right job for me..getting paid to talk to everyone in the checkstand. 
  

     Started cutting out my grandbaby's Quilt/Futon/bed cribsize creation...  It is about time I got to going on this project.  Nicole and Eric have picked out Navy Blue and Grey for little "Jase Douglas"'s colors...and so am trying hard to gather variations of that combination.  Of course he is gonna get a few from me..but this is the main one that needs attention right now.   So very exciting to even phamptom the thought of a grandchild coming into our mists for the very first time ever!!! I am still kinda in shock and feel it might be happening to someone else...not us. 
here is another one I plan to create also..


I have been making cloth coasters also and they are lots of fun and easy to do...need to make more of them!  here they are:
Almost have Lisa Elie's memory quilt done... Have to throw it on the longarm machine soon and get that project done...she is patiently waiting..and I have been not pushing as hard as I should be on that.  It is turning out so great..and I am really proud of it...



     My Daughter bought a new sewing machine at a garage sale this past week and it is such a great machine..we worked on it together to fine tune it and oil it up for her...she was so happy finding it..it is exactly like my old singer that I have had for years and years (bought it at a garage sale also) and she has been using it for the past few years..so now I have it back again and it will be my traveling machine for trips.  I just love my daughter so very much...and I am so very thankful that she is living nearby us now.  She and Mike are having a good life in Big Springs now and I have not ever seen her so happy in many many years.  God is So good to us...and we are all so very thankful to Him for being there for our family!


    Mack bought a electric bird feeder..haha...it shocks squirrels that try to steel birdseed...And it has a remote he can zip them with.. He thinks this is the best thing since biscuits and gravy!..LOL I feel for those poor squirrels...


     Babysitting at church has been such a fun event each and every week.  We meet til the end of May and then the summer off... The kiddos are so sweet and we have too much fun!..
This is one of Mack's banjo Students..she was playing in Chapel at her School last Friday and we attended and got the joy of seeing her do so well in the program.  It was such a blessing!
 
This is a quilt that I had half done 16 years ago..actually it was gonna be a jacket for Wendy and I totally lost focus and energy with it...and decided to pick it up and maybe do something better with a UFO project...it will be Wendy's when it is done no matter what! I like it!

 
This is a pattern I really like below...a future project!

 
These were the little kiddos at that Chapel program we saw also...they are so precious!

 
I have been making these star decorations and spray painting them gold flecks for decorations on packages...sure is fun and easy!
 
 
This is Dutchess,...my grand doggie!  I love her so very much!

 
This is my favorite mountian of all times...Drop Rock..or Indian Head mountian...looks like a Indian with a head dress laying down...I use to take the kids on a hike up there each years when we lived out there so they could see the valley below --called little shasta valley..or as the Indians called it long ago "Valley of 1000 hills"  it was a tough hike for TJ..she was only 3 or 4 when we started doing that hike..  it was in our neighborhood and we could do it in just a few hours! They all remember it well!


 
Our organized library Story time!haha!

 
This is my favorite flower "Shooting star" that is blooming right now this time of year in our yard.  not many of them but they are very fragile and yet so very hardy.  kinda like weeds but pretty ones.
This morning when we were walking at the bottom of the hill ....we came across a little sparrow that had been half hit/stunned  by a passing car and was sitting there on the road not able to fly away.. I saw him and scooped him up and put him on the side of the road in the grass under the fence so he might regain strength and fly away home again...but we continued walking and when we passed back that spot he was gone.. made my heart happy that he survived the hit with just a few minutes recovery to regain his life.  I hate seeing any birds or animals or people get hurt!   It was my good feeling for the rest of my week! 

 
This could be me in 3 weeks helping a friend of mine move...LOL...Pray it all goes smoothly!
 
 
Gotta get my day started..much to do...and don't want too much time to escape me!..
Hugs & Prayers,  BJM
 
I want to make these for mothers day!
 

No comments: